I know, that's a lot of abbreviation. :) Let me clarify: ADR= automatic dialogue replacement, and ATTOTP: At the Top of the Pyramid.
I am sitting in the lounge at Monkeyland, a recording studio in Burbank, waiting for my turn to re-record some lines for the cheerleading movie I worked on last summer. On Tuesday I came in and got to participate in a group looping session, which is where a bunch of actors stand around microphones and record all of the background dialogue/chit chat that you would hear (but probably never notice) throughout a movie. It was really interesting to learn that there are actors who work completely off of this type of job-- especially since it's something you don't really ever think about.
Today will be a bit of a different experience, as I am dubbing over my own lines for the character I play in the movie in places where sound got muffled/interrupted during editing. At the moment, I am sitting-around-and-waiting (typical for this biz, I have learned) and watching Isaac and Michael play pool. It's really nice to see the three boys that came in from the east coast, as it has been awhile and we all were so close last summer when we were filming!
I can't believe it's been about a year since I started on the project, but I feel so blessed to have been able to continue to be such an integral part of this process. And it looks like they finally have an official date for when post-production will be finished (aka-- that's a wrap!)-- May 27th! Once that happens, they'll be officially pitching the film to studios and distributors, and we will finally know what will come of our little movie!
Another exciting thing about this weekend is that one of Sarah and my closest friends from college, Christy, is in town with some classmates to take her chiropractic boards. They all came to visit me last night at work (I started a waitressing gig-- but more about that later), and we will all do something fun this evening together, which I am excited about. Hope everyone back home is enjoying Cheverly Day today!
xxo.
5.14.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

sounds like you are a busy little bee :) can't wait to see what happens with the cheer movie!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteYay for posting and Yay for living your dream !!! Love you and miss you tons !!!!!!
ReplyDelete