I have been so frazzled this past week that I didn't even have time to shower in the past 48 hours. And I worked out today-- so that's pretty gross. Anyway, I hope that explains why I have been MIA in terms of blogging and phone calls and such. My most sincere apologies, and thanks so much for understanding, dear loved ones!
What's been keeping me busy, you ask? OK... you didn't ask persay... but if you're here, I assume you're at least a tad bit curious.
Started a new class taught by Jim Parrack (he plays Hoyt on "True Blood" for all you fans). Amazing class, but tons of reading. It's a script analysis class and we will be working with one partner for the whole three months. My partner's name is Gabe and we are planning to work on scenes from a play called "Seascapes with Shark & Dancer" by Don Nigro. It's a little twisted and the role will be a big challenge for me, but I am pretty pumped.
Performed in a talent showcase on Sunday night with my new friend Sara (who is an incredibly talented actress and singer). We did three Broadway numbers-- "Take me or leave me" from RENT, "Dark I know well" from Spring Awakening, and "I will never leave you" from Side Show. It was a really fun experience and she was able to video tape it, so hopefully at least some of you east coasters will have a chance to see it sometime!
Filmed an episode of my friend Justin's webseries called "Hangin' With Justins." It was a lot of fun and he is a hilarious guy. As soon as he has ours up, I'll be sure to post it as well!
Been auditioning more. Had a great audition for a feature film where I had to do a monologue and cold read (both in a Southern accent!) that I think went incredibly well, so hopefully will have more to report on that sometime soon-- fingers crossed! Also booked a lead role in a USC student film! It's a short film, and you don't get paid with student films-- but it will be good material for my reel, and everyone says it is totally worth doing USC student films, as it's the best film school in the country.
Shooting another short film on the 12-13th weekend. It's called "Secrets." More deets to come on that, too!
Ohhhh and I am MOVING. That's big. Haha, I almost forgot... you can tell I've put a lot of thought into this one. Lease is up at the end of November. I'll have to fill you in on this more once I have actually made some headway.
Besides that, you've got the standard: waiting tables, going to classes, spending countless hours in my car, pumping expensive gas, grocery shopping for food I hardly have time to make, cursing at the health care system and my inability to find a reasonably priced insurance plan, rehearsing, reading, writing, journaling, working out, sending emails, seeing friends (not nearly enough), calling friends and family (not nearly enough), blogging, updating my facebook status, going to the ATM, going to see plays, taking on tasks I don't really have time for (like being class secretary), working on my Halloween costume, making endless to-do lists that never quite slow down... you know, same shit, different day. :)
all. for. the. love.
xxo.
10.26.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice to see an update! Which photos did you end up selecting for retouching, etc.? You probably told me but my memory is nil. Love you!
ReplyDelete