APRIL/MAY 2011
Headed back east for Leah and Jeff's wedding in Baltimore, which was an absolute blast.
Helped throw Dad a surprise 60th birthday party because, let's face it-- he's the man!
JUNE 2011
Zoe graduated from UCLA as a nurse practitioner!
Celebrated by renting a party bus for a night on the town...
.... and then the bus crashed into a tree.
Did a fun photo shoot for Fashion TV in the Hollywood Hills.
Got my California driver's license (after one failed attempt at the test).
Began working with one of the music producers from "Pyramid" on a concept for a potential project we may start working on in the fall, which would involve me going back into the recording studio!
JULY 2011
Found out that the official world premiere of "At the Top of the Pyramid" will be held in Centreville, VA on September 28th-- and they're flying us all in from LA to attend!
Kara arrived in LA and ends up as my roomie!
Went back home for a nice vacation in July, including a fun Independence Day in DC with my best gals...
... an incredible Deep Creek trip with my ridiculously awesome relatives...
... and another fabulous wedding-- Fallon and Joe's in Pittsburgh!
While I was there, I got to catch up with Maddy and Cait, my college roomies (along with Cait's two beautiful boys and hubby, and Maddy's bf Ernie).
Arrived back in LA just in time for a weekend sailing trip to celebrate Gaby's birthday (we even slept on the boat!)
Started doing P90X (I'm now almost to day 50, with no cheating so far!)
AUGUST 2011
Took a break from being healthy for a confetti and margarita-filled weekend in Santa Barbara for FIESTA!
Gained some new perspective, thanks to a great teacher and an attitude shift, which inspired me to start taking things into my own hands-- writing more, shooting my own short films, and spending time devoting myself to what I have always LOVED about this industry- performing! For that, I need no permission.
Had a great meeting with a potential new agent.
Made a movie (well technically, 2 movies!) in 72 hours as part of Playhouse West's 72 hour film festival!
Showed up to work at my restaurant one night and, by some twist of fate, was given a small speaking role in a TV pilot that was shooting there.
Attended the film festival at Playhouse West and made some great connections for potential projects (and am shooting another one on Labor Day!).
Helped take care of my favorite nurse, Zoe, after she had to have foot surgery.
Sang three songs in the Playhouse West Coffee House (a talent show), along with an acoustic guitarist I met through one of my teachers.
Successfully did the splits on both sides in hot yoga barre class-- two weeks in a row!
SEPTEMBER 2011
After a truly inspiring class with the aforementioned teacher, decided that I am going to implement the time management skills that are taught in this book in order to help myself prioritize and make the most out of my life.
Got a message from Charlie (my manager Joy's hubbie) that the agent from last week wants to sign me across the board (meaning in all categories-- and that I will drop my other commercial agent)!
***
Well there you have it, folks. Hopefully this detailed post makes up for the fact that I have been a delinquent blogger these past couple months. I really do intend to become better at this because I really do enjoy documenting all of these adventures, and I am sure that there is so much I missed by procrastinating for this long! Hope you all have a fun, safe, and relaxing long weekend! As always, thanks to each and every one of you for providing me with such an incredible support system. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you. And at this exact moment, I gotta say-- I'm pretty sure this is where I'm meant to be.
xxo.
so proud. yayyyy leighbs. xoxo
ReplyDelete