10.26.2012

busy, but booking!

Sorry I haven't written much, but I have been crazy busy these last couple weeks and I think (*hope*) that I'll continue to be until I am off my feet after my hip surgery in early December. I have been auditioning a lot more which is great, but of course Murphy's Law has it that all of the auditions pop up when my life is crazy hectic! Good news is that I actually feel like things are happening as opposed to just "starting to happen"-- I booked a role in a short film with a nice little budget and am excited to dig into a new role while actually getting paid to do what I love! It's a fairly small part, but I'm playing a newlywed who gets ridiculously drunk and then gets murdered, so it should be a blast. I'll continue to update you on that and any other projects!

The class I have been taking with James Franco/Val Lauren/Jim Parrack is being documented and can be viewed over at James Franco TV... but here's the first episode:



James Franco on WhoSay

I can't promise that there won't be some embarrassing moments to come, as that class is pretty much "anything goes" so far. I'm having fun and learning a lot!

Also shot new headshots last week! Here's a sneak peek, and I will post the others once they're retouched. Thanks to everyone who weighed in with opinions.


I am 1st Assistant Director on Proxy The Film this week and am feeling all kinds of inspired by the cast and crew, most of whom are dear friends of mine. Another film that inspired me recently was "Pitch Perfect," which you should definitely see, especially if you are an acapella loving sorority girl who dreams of having one of these roles in the super near future (ahem, yours truly). But I won't be waiting around for that-- after seeing it, Sara and I started writing a musical comedy that we plan to shoot in the spring with Gaby as the third lead... more details to come!

Sister visits next week! Oh, and my Lindsay bestie boo asked me to be the Maid of Honor in her wedding which is a huge honor and was proposed to me in the most thoughtful, beautiful way (but that's a whole other post).

Thankful for all of the aforementioned moments, and each of you.

xxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment