6.09.2013

my show & more.

There's so much I want to write about that I will make a little list so that I can come back and elaborate on it.

-The sacrifices I am learning to make for my art, and how it is affecting me and my loved ones
-My gluten/dairy/soy/most-forms-of-sugar FREE diet (3 weeks strong!), and the food challenges that I am still being presented with
-The discoveries I've made being back on the musical theater stage
-Weddings, weddings, and more weddings (not my own, of course!)

But, for now, I will post about my show! I have a lead role in a new musical comedy that opens tomorrow night as part of the Hollywood Fringe Festival. It's my first equity show and it's got a great cast, so I am feeling super grateful and excited about it. I have also encountered a lot of challenges in terms of getting back into the musical theater groove (it's been almost ten years since I've done a musical!)-- from "am I good enough?" silly second-guessing, to remembering how vocal warm-ups are exhausting, and more. However, being part of a cast again is an incredible feeling and everyone has been so supportive and positive through the process.

The show is called "The Real Housekeepers of Studio City," and I play the 15-year-old daughter of a woman who is in search of a housekeeper to make her family look picture perfect so she'll get cast on "The Real Housewives of Studio City." Throughout the show, we interview housekeepers from TV shows past (think Alice from "The Brady Bunch," Tony from "Who's the Boss?," Nell from "The Facts of Life," etc.). It is well written and the music is great, so I hope it all comes together!

Here is a little trailer for your viewing pleasure:



Hope you enjoy! So excited that my parents will be coming later this month to visit and will get to see the show.

xxo.

1 comment:

  1. This was such a sweet reminder of your show and how much fun we had in LA! Keep it rollin', baby!

    ReplyDelete