8.28.2010

cherry poppin' blog post.

OK, so the title of this post is sort of a lie. Most of you know that I can't fully call myself a blog "virgin" considering my other job, but this is my first attempt at a personal blog... where I plan to share my thoughts and adventures as I embark on what's sure to be quite the journey.

As I spend my last few days here in DC, I am overcome with an exhausting amount of emotions. Excitement for the trip ahead of me (and the destination, of course). Anxiety about change (which many of you know is not a "new" emotion for me). Sadness to be moving so far away from some of my nearest and dearest (family, 3121, Hitched, AB, friends-- the list is seemingly endless). Stress about the number of things left to do before Lindsay and I hit the road on Sunday at 10:30am (a list that seems just as endless-- but as you all keep reminding me, I'll just have to do what I can!). Pride for taking the next step to chase a dream that I have had for as long as I can remember. Even as I list these things off so sensibly, I am having a hard time sorting out just how I feel about the whole thing!

All I can say with certainty is that this adventure feels right, right now. Despite my constant necessity to have a plan, I will instead "plan" to take it all in, day by day-- enjoying every piece of it, expecting nothing and accepting everything, and remaining open to new possibilities everyday. And here, I will document the ride for anyone who feels compelled to check in and see how things are going (in a more intimate sense than facebook can provide, haha).

I'm sure that Lindsay and I will have some great stories from our cross-country trek, so we'll be sure to keep you posted! Until then, here are a few photos from some of the wonderful celebrations I've had the joy of experiencing in my final weeks.

Granny Smith's birthday brunch... what an amazing pair. Together 65 years--can you believe it?!

 
 Celebrating Joanna & Daniel and their L-O-V-E

 
 
Kara's birthday shindig in B'more with some faves

 
 
The amazing farewell party thrown by the loves of my life, complete with an LA-style photo booth!

Incredible DIY/Cali themed soiree with my dear Hitched family... check out the video of their hilarious serenade! 


 
 Final night in DC with my best gals... perfection.

To everyone who has taken the time to see me off and wish me luck in these final weeks-- I can't even put into words how much I appreciate it. It meant so much to me to spend time with each and every one of you, and I feel incredibly lucky and loved.

OK, it's back to packing for this girl. Looking forward to posting more from the open road! Oh, and I promise most of my posts won't be this long or sappy. :)

xxo.

3 comments:

  1. The blog is great so far - it's great entertainment at work!! I'm sorry I couldn't make it Friday night to see you one last time -but I'd love to plan a Cali trip to see you once you're settled in....Love you <3 Cox

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to cali! you will love it here, i promise. just promise me you will (1) hike with me, (2) sing old school show tunes with me, (3) drink wine with me, ok? can't wait to see ya in a week! xxxxo

    ReplyDelete