10.21.2010

i love my sarah's.

I know, I know... I have been a bit delinquent on the blogging lately. It's just that I am having a hard time distinguishing what you people out there actually care to read about (if you're still reading at all, haha), and what is just my pointless, mindless chatter. I think I decided that it doesn't really matter though. I am just going to write what I want to, and if you don't like it, then scroll on by. :) But not before reading about my two Sarah's, of course!

This past weekend, one of my fabulous roomies from DC, Sarah Kimball (aka Skiball), came to town for a visit. It was so great to see her and show her around, and she was a total trooper given how crappy the weather turned out to be!

We didn't let it get us down, though. Despite the overcast skies, we did the typical Hollywood tourist stuff (stars on the Boulevard, Hollywood sign, handprints, etc.), chased down the world's most amazing food truck (where you make your own gourmet ice cream sandwiches), ventured to Las Vegas (where we had a strike of luck and ended up getting extreme VIP treatment all night long), and came back to LA for a day on the Venice boardwalk. Pretty solid weekend... and I didn't even mention the frozen yogurt consumption and many other delicacies we devoured. It was an all-around yummy trip, and I am so glad she came!

 Sarah has all the Cali photos, so these shots from Vegas will have to do!


In other "Sarah" news, I haven't mentioned something very important! One of my close friends from college, Sarah Higgins (aka Shiggs), has decided to move to Los Angeles at the end of this year! She will have just finished her nurse practitioner program, but has already secured a travel nursing position at a hospital in downtown LA. What does this mean for me, besides the fact that I get another wonderful, close friend on the west coast? A new roommate!! That's right... the timing has worked out so perfectly that when Zoe & Jake's lease is up at the end of November, Shiggs will be arriving the following week, and we will be moving in together. So much more to come on this as our plans develop and apartment hunting begins, so I will be sure to keep you posted!

 Sorry, Shiggano, but I had to do it! Here's to hoping we can take some normal, grown-up photos once we're roomies. :)

Glad to have so many great Sarah's in my world (there are even more than just these two)!

Oh, and ps... have I mentioned that I am heading to Pitt for Homecoming weekend? Only one week til the 'burgh!! AH!

xxo.

2 comments:

  1. this makes me miss you more and also makes me want to visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so good. annnd, i hope to be added to the west coast list soon! maybe in time for the renewal of your lease next year.

    ReplyDelete