Today I stepped out of my always-wanna-be-surrounded-by-other-people comfort zone and went to see a movie by myself. At the movie theater. In the middle of the day. Craziness!
OK, I know it's not that crazy, but it was a first for me. And as many of you had assured me in advance, it was pretty great! I got to go on my own time (which turned out to be the middle of the day, so I scored a matinee ticket price) and felt like I absorbed a lot more of the movie than I may have if I were chit-chattering during it with a friend. Tuesday also happens to be $1 popcorn day... score!
After much hype (from industry and non-industry folk alike), I saw "The Social Network." In my opinion, it lived up to the reviews. I found the storyline to be intriguing and easy to follow (as well as super relevant to our generation, which always makes things more interesting), and I thought all of the characters were superbly cast and well developed. I felt genuine sadness for Eduardo (played by the quirky but yummy
Andrew Garfield), true hatred for Sean Parker (aka the even more scrumptious J. Timberlake), and that ugh-I-could-kill-you-but-I'm-still-sympathetic feeling toward Mark (convincingly played by
Jesse Eisenberg). I also thought it was really well written and directed, and in general think it's a must see for anyone who is a part of the facebook-consumed era.
I also took my first acting class today and have some other potential developments set up for next week... so more to come!
xxo.
Does what happened in Vegas stay in Vegas?
ReplyDelete