2.03.2012

refocused february.

OK, I know I said in my last post that I had a whole new attitude and all these resolutions and goals and blah blah blah, but I am for realsies now. The fam came to visit this past weekend which was amazingly overindulgent, but it left me inspired to start fresh with February 1st. Before I tell you about that, though, check out how awesome and pretty they are, and all the fun things we did while they were here!



I bet you find it hard to believe that we managed to go to the beach, visit the Getty Center, see a great play, hike in Malibu, work on my taxes, spend a night out with all my friends, and eat at least 5 different types of cuisine in just 4 days-- but we pulled it off! It was so fun having them here in my little apartment together. Miss them lots, though I must admit I'm a bit happy to be back in my bed as opposed to Zoe's air mattress/my couch/Gabe's single bed with 6'3'' Gabe in it.

Now for the re-motivation! Time to get this bod back in happy shape after reading the script for my movie for the first time and realizing that there are at least 3 scenes where I am wearing very little clothing. I found this pic of myself from the summer and it made me realize that I have been in the kind of shape that I want before, so my body clearly knows how to get there-- I just need to get my mind to stop talking me out of it!


 Shiggs is helping me with a nutrition plan and I started a new workout regimen, and I am vowing here and now to show you all a before and after bikini shot in 4-5 weeks! Hold me to it, please!


Here is my new favorite high protein recipe... great for breakfast, post-workout, or as a filling snack. Sounds a little weird, but trust me-- if you like bread pudding or rice pudding, it's right up your alley.

Oatmeal Eggnog Pudding
-Boil 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk in a saucepan.
-Add 1/4 cup quick cooking oats.
-Cook for about 1 minute, stirring occasionally, til it looks cooked like normal oatmeal.
-Gradually add in 1/2 cup of egg whites, stirring occasionally until they're cooked through and the whole thing is the consistency of a thick pudding. If you're really hungry or a growing boy, do 2/3 cup.
-Stir in a splash of vanilla extract, a tsp. of cinnamon, a dash of nutmeg, a tbsp of flax oil, and a packet of stevia (or a bit of agave) for sweetness.
-Put in a bowl and you'll feel like the three bears eating delicious porridge. And you will be full for hours!

Oh, and thank God for good friends.

Forgive the randomness of this post.

xxo.

1 comment:

  1. It was such a packed and sunny trip! Thank you again for being such a darling hostess. And don't forget that being healthy is about your mind and soul, too. Take care of YOU, Smith.

    ReplyDelete