First I stopped at the store on my way home just to grab some unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but ended up adding a couple things to my list-- new face and eye cream [there was a sale and my under eye circles have been ridic as of late], a $4 gardenia scented candle [one of my favorite smells in the universe, FYI], chocolate eggs for the Cathy Smith-style Easter egg hunt I'll be concocting during Easter dinner [where I am planning to cook my first turkey], and an angel food cake [because it was less than $3 and I thought it would go perfectly with the strawberries I bought yesterday].
It did... see?
Obviously I made dinner first-- my latest favorite meal, which consists of a hodgepodge of Indian spices, ground turkey, sweet potatoes, dried cranberries, almonds, and spinach. After that I made my lunch and snacks for tomorrow, along with a batch of sun-dried tomato hummus. A can of chickpeas makes SO much hummus. If you've never made your own, you should try it.
In the midst of all my kitchen fun, I did my dishes, played on Facebook, gathered some photos for my new agent [and got a little nostalgic in the process]... oh yeah, new agent! Ryan at Ideal Talent Agency. It's gonna be good, I can feel it. Earlier today I also grew a pair and negotiated some other business related jazz. More on that later. Back to my night.
I listened to some of my old demos and thought about how I want to sing more and get back into some voice lessons. I put a new duvet cover on my hand-me-down fancy schmancy grown-up bed from Adele, which I've had sitting in my cupboard for like 2 months but never bothered to put on. Maybe someday soon I'll get around to the shelves and curtains I also still have all packaged up from the same IKEA trip.
I talked to my dearest Aunt Bober and heard all about the snazzy dress she's going to wear to Jimmy's wedding. Sent all my love to Pittsburgh tonight, as today marks the 10 year anniversary of when we lost our David. We miss and love you always, DPH!
cutest kid ever, am I right?
I blew my nose a lot because I am still a little sicky. I put away laundry from a week ago that I put off because of said sicky-ness. I talked to Zo and Skiball for a long time. I almost made another batch of homemade protein bars but decided I was running out of steam.
I liked my night! Turns out all you people who have been telling me that it can be fun to hang out all by yourself are right. Next step is to be alone and do nothing at all and be okay with that... but let me ease into this, k? :)
Now I'm off to drink some emergen-C and look through bills, papers, and audition sides like a real person before calling it a night.
xxo.




You are oh-so-lovable! And I wonder if you remember what you, David and Jimmy are singing in that photo?
ReplyDelete