If you know me, like, even in the slightest bit, you know that I'm kinda all over the place all the time. Sure, I'm a go-getter and a hell of a multi-tasker, and these are things I appreciate about myself, but I am told time and time again by loved ones (ahem, mother dear) that I would be so much happier and healthier if I would just slow down. So, in an effort to give myself a little more "me" time (eww, I don't like the way that sounds-- sorry), I have decided to downgrade my social media activity. That's right, I am toning down the Facebooking.
If you really know me, you also know that I am pretty constantly concerned with what other people are thinking about me, and that this judging of myself only leads to the unhealthy, unproductive judgement of others... and for me, Facebook feeds both of these habits more than I'd like to admit. Yes, I love it for the photo sharing and the family updates and the event invites and all that jazz (which is why I'm not willing to give it up all together), but I shall shamefully admit here and now that when I'm on it late at night or when I should be expending energy elsewhere, it's usually to stalk people and delete any photos where I don't think I look cute and show love to people who deep down, I might not really even love (and pouring it onto those that I do love, too, of course). Phew. It's off my chest. I'm sure that isn't a big secret, but there you have it.
Anywho, in an effort to bring a greater level of focus and concentration to myself personally, as well as my devotion to my craft as an actor, I am going to dive into a world that's a bit slower and (gasp!) quieter. While it may be annoying to make your way over here to check on me, I promise I'll be updating my blog more, especially with shorter, sweeter entries to keep you posted on what's happening in my world. Oh, and I'll pop onto the good old 'book once a week to check on things, but in the meantime-- if you notice it is the birthday of someone I love and you happen to have a moment to notify me, that might be awesome. ;)
xxo.
7.06.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love the idea of more blogposts!
ReplyDelete