I made a decision last week that I wasn't going to complain about the surgery or the aftermath, but I will let you in on some of the things that I have learned in the past week.
| They added "Ann" to my bracelet so everyone would know to use my full name! |
1. Moms are the best. My mama was here from DC for a week, and I initially thought I wouldn't really need a full-time caretaker that first week. WRONG. From scary moments to bored moments to hungry moments to funny moments, she was here for every little thing I could have needed. Some highlights include her getting so fed up with trying to get work done on my computer that she decided I needed a new one (!!), her cooking dinner for a gaggle of my amazing gals one night, and cleaning my apartment up until the last second she was here (when I told her that her ride to the airport was ten minutes away she hopped into the shower with rubber gloves on so that she could clean the tiles while she cleaned herself-- now that's love). The time we shared was wonderful (though too short!) and I couldn't have done it without her.
| My beautiful new MacBook Air! Thanks Mom and Dad! |
| A Cathy-style dippy egg |
| Sara even wore an ace bandage to my "cripple party" to show support! |
3. Cold compression machines are God's gift to cripples. Seriously. This thing has lessened my need for Percocet (though I owe that a huge thanks too) and helped me to sleep and completely eliminated my need for old school ice packs.
4. Hulu Plus is vital for recovery. I have been shedding loads of smiles thanks to "New Girl" and "The Mindy Project." Other show suggestions still welcome.
5. Underwear is optional. When it is really hard to both put on and pull down your pants, the doc might suggest that you don't wear undies. When you decide it is time to start donning them again, be sure to pull them down when you pee. I learned this the hard way. Lindsay was a witness and now holds one of my most hilariously embarrassing moments in her memory.
6. Crutches are dangerous. I hit someone in the face with one while on the obligatory tourist trip to In-n-Out burger with Linz and Martin. He wasn't happy.
Anyway, you're all probably bored of these "I'm so grateful" posts on my blog, but right now that's just what makes the most sense! So thanks to everyone in my life for being awesome, especially in times like these. I can't wait to be back up and running (literally) and am ready for all that 2013 will bring.
xxo.

No comments:
Post a Comment