Lots of change happening around me, and while I feel overwhelmed, there is a lot to be thankful for-- even when evaluating things that are sad or stressful.
Our dear Aunt Rita passed away. While she will be so greatly missed, I am thankful that she is at peace and is now able to keep Grandpap and Grandma and all of her other loved ones company. May she rest peacefully.
A tow truck smashed into my at this week. I am thankful that it was parked and that I wasn't hurt (and neither was anyone else)... And that I wasn't the one responsible for crashing into 5 parked cars. Poor guy. I'm also thankful for car insurance, as his will be covering the $6500 worth of repairs along with a rental car for three weeks.
I saw Cirque du Soliel for $30 in theist amazing seats. I cried tears of joy an amazement and inspiration. I knew a cast member and was so proud of him!
My mama had a birthday. I am thankful for her in more ways than I could ever recount. I cannot wait to see my family in a few short days.. And my friends too!
I had a callback and then BOOKED a feature film! I am thankful for being cast among so many talented people, but am also waiting to get too thrilled until I see it in writing. I'm not sure whether I am thankful for the pessimistic/realistic side of myself right now, haha! But if this pans out the way it seems it will, it will mean extremely exciting things for my life and my career.
An hour ago, I signed a lease for an apartment all by myself. I left feeling terrified and excited... but I am convinced that living alone will prove to be a positive change for me, no matter how challenging. I promise to show pictures as soon as I move it next week!
Thankful for a flight home on Wednesday. Thankful for the rainy LA day we had yesterday. Thankful for the woman who gave me a free haircut two weeks ago. Thankful for our troops; even more so after participating in the play "Welcome home, soldier" this month. Thankful for angel food cake. Thankful that my potentially cracked rib seems to just be bruised. Thankful that I got approved for health insurance. Thankful for sister and grannies and parents and aunts and uncles and cousins and besties and teachers and inspiring people. Thankful for YOU.
(I am writing from my phone and not sure how to sort these photos... but they are as follows: the shower door at my new apartment, a group of acting class friends at Cirque du Soleil IRIS, a plate I saw at a gallery, one of many photos of my poor car, Velma)
11.22.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment