That's not actually true. A lot of the time, I do what I think other people want. Or I do things I think I should want to be doing, regardless of whether I actually do or not.
Tonight I really did just do things I wanted.
I painted my nails an obnoxious pink color topped with gold flecks that look kinda like glittery chicken pox. Totes appropriate for New Year's, wouldn't ya say? One of dearest LA friends, Sara, bought me the gold one while we were out shopping today. Friends rocks.
I crafted a blinged-out bowtie for a handsome boy to wear on New Year's Eve that looks just a little too feminine. Hopefully it will come across as cool and Michael Jackson-esque. And if it doesn't he better wear it anyway. Oh, who am I kidding? Using my glue gun was a satisfying enough reward.
I played for way too long on facebook and spent an inappropriate amount of time trying to decide which of my insanely talented sister's photographs to use as my main image on that silly new timeline nonsense. I couldn't choose between Kinneavy Deep Creek sparkly fun, pop colored phones that I feel represent my inner chatterbox, a Hawaiian beach shot that I convinced myself is of my feet (though I can't be sure)... but this one won:
I also re-clicked on this shot of my beach-ready bod and felt proud that I started on a path back to health today after gaining almost 15 pounds in the past two months.
I ate Chipotle for dinner because I didn't feel like going to the grocery store yet.
I got a super cheap spray tan. My face is a little splotchy, so cross your fingers for me.
I listed to loads of R&B slowjams and fell more in love with The Weeknd than I already was.
I tried on my way-too-tight New Year's dress and confirmed that the flattering quality of it far outweighs the discomfort. Feeling similarly about one of two pairs of sky-high stilettos.
Now I want to put my new slipcover on my couch and unpack and clean up my craft-inspired mess and get some Hitched blogging done... but I don't want any of that as badly as I want to be horizontal. So bed, you win.
I wrote here about what I wanted to write about, and centered. Because I felt like it. I know, I should write about my holiday break and my Grandpa's incredible 90th birthday celebration and that movie I booked and my goals for 2012. Eh... maybe sometime I'll feel like it.
xxo.


Those are definitely either your feet or Alyssa's. Hope your toes are happy today (even after that stiletto treatment)! x's and o's back atcha.
ReplyDeleteYou're so cute. Love the toes. Want pics of the bow! :)
ReplyDelete