Though there have been a couple of near-perfect beach days since I have been in LA, most of them have been brisk and slightly overcast-- reminiscent of autumn days in DC. I don't mind this weather, but I do hope that the next couple months still have a good amount of warmth and sunshine left in them, which the locals have promised me.
Zoe and Jake were in Vegas this weekend, so I was initially worried about being lonely in the apartment by myself. Luckily, it ended up being a friend & fun filled weekend. Gaby (one of my oldest friends) has been living in LA pursuing her acting career for about 7 years, and she and her hubby Justin came over on Friday night for dinner. I cooked mahi mahi for the first time (very exciting, and very delish!), and then we headed out to the Santa Monica pier to hear one of their friends play in an R&B/soul band. Lots of fun!
On Saturday, Gaby and I spent the day together and met up with some new friends (that I was introduced to through friends back home) in Venice Beach. We then headed back to my place, where I made another dinner (chicken fajitas and strawberry salad)-- lots of cooking went down this weekend, which made me happy! Justin joined us again after working a shift in the ER, as did my buddy Kirsten from Pitt, who recently moved out here as well. After dinner, Gab and Justin headed home and Kirsten I went out in Venice with the friends I'd made earlier, which was a blast. One of our stops was James Beach, which is where they devour fish tacos in the movie "I love you, man."
Another thing I love about fall? Football season! This morning, Kirsten and I headed out to a Steelers bar in my neighborhood pretty early-- the game started at 10am! It was fun seeing so many Pittsburgh fans so far away from home, and it was a great time and a great game, though it really made me miss everyone in the 'burgh!
Tonight I did some relaxing, but also was pretty productive. Now that I have started to adjust, it's time to get to work! I'll keep you posted on how the job searches are going (both acting-related, and something part-time so I don't run out of money, haha).
xxo.
9.13.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment