9.21.2010

meet the roomies.

I guess it's not really safe to assume that all of you know about my living situation in Cali. Let me start at the beginning...

Zoe (my roommate/best friend from Pitt) was born and raised in LA and when I decided to move out here, generously offered me a place to live with her & her boyfriend, Jake, who happened to have an extra bedroom in their apartment. I accepted graciously and feel so incredibly blessed to be in this situation. They are a wonderful couple, awesome roomies, and it's all working out splendidly so far.


Without further ado...

Name: Zoe (aka Z. Buda, Zo-ster, Bozer Zuta,  Zozos... the list goes on)
Occupation: Labor & Delivery RN, currently in her last year of her master's program at UCLA to become a family nurse practitioner
Notable awesome-roommate qualities: Buys new shampoo/conditioner combos every time she goes to the store (translation-- I have a lifetime supply of haircare options), cleans up after me when I cook our family dinners (my least favorite part of the cooking process), has widely opened the "Zoe's Closet" doors that I have missed terribly since college ended, has a great laugh.

Name: Jake (aka Rattlesnake, JayJay, Jakey... more to come as time passes, I am sure)
Occupation: Something financial with Wells Fargo. Don't judge me for not knowing his exact job title. :)
Notable awesome-roommate qualities: Goes on Starbucks runs when Zoe & I are taking too long to get ready, plays pleasant background music on his guitar, is thoughtful/complimentary/cordial, puts up with two sorority girls 24/7 (if that's not an awesome roommate quality, what is?).

And of course, we can't forget our non-human cohabitants (yes, everyone, I am living with pets. It's an adjustment, but I'd say I am doing pretty well so far!)...


Name: Henry (aka Henryface, Henrington, Henry Benry)
Occupation: Tiny guard dog extraordinaire, best friend to Hugo, professional snuggler to Zoe
Note: Henry has actually been in my life since senior year of college, when he lived in our walk-in closet at Webster Hall. He is still the cutest ever.

Name: Hugo (aka Huges, Kitty Bitty, Damn Cat)
Occupation: Curious sleuth, professional attacker of computer keyboards/shoelaces/window blinds, best friend to Henry, professional cuddler to Jake
Note: Hugo and I have a love/hate relationship... but ever since I got a doorstop (he can open my door by the handle even when it's closed), it's much more on the lovey side. Much friendlier than Patches!

Name: Rikki the Frog (not pictured above)
Occupation: Swimmer, chill dude
Note: His 2 fishy friends seem to have passed away in the last year, but he is going strong!

Oh, and I guess I should show you the digs!


So there you have it, folks! Pretty sweet deal I have going on here, huh? I'll try to get some pics of my room and such when I have a chance, but I hope this satisfies anyone who was curious for now. :)

Still to come-- a re-cap of my first days on the job, and perhaps some thoughts on turning 25 this weekend. Eek!

xxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment