9.10.2010

homesick mantra.

So I know that yesterday's post made my life out here look like it's been all sunshine & rainbows so far. And to be honest, if I described my day today (which involved my first bike ride to the beach and sharing an amazingly fresh antipasto salad on an outdoor veranda with Zoe), it wouldn't contradict that. But emotionally, it's not feeling quite so perfect & blissful yet.

Don't get me wrong-- I am genuinely happy to be where I am and still consider myself extremely lucky to have some very close friends out here to keep me grounded and entertained, but having been here for almost a week is making it actually start to feel real-- as opposed to a vacation-y vibe. Now that the holiday weekend madness has calmed down and I am alone in the apartment for the first time (Zoe & Jake are away this weekend), I am realizing how far away so many of the important people in my life are, and that I actually need to start transitioning into a whole new routine out here. But I will continue to stay positive and know that most of these sad and insecure feelings will pass. For now, I will continue to take things one day at a time, and share with you a quote that is really helping me to stay focused.

"To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily. 
To not dare is to lose oneself." 
-Soren Kierkegaard

xxo.

ps- You can count on many more sunshine & rainbow-filled posts... how else would I convince you people to come visit?!

1 comment:

  1. Owly #1-miss your face and love you lots....don't be homesick! Live it up out there :-)
    xoxo Owly #2

    ReplyDelete