25 years, 25 thousand things to be thankful for. But here are 25 at random.
1. My awesomely supportive parents for bringing me into this world and encouraging me in an endless number of ways (including but not limited to: carting me to auditions, teaching me to love the earth, paying for multiple rounds of orthodontia, providing a wonderfully stable relationship example, and supporting me 24/7).
2. Electric fans, Beech sheets, Tylenol Simply Sleep, and my squishy pillow- for without them, I'd sleep even less than I do now.
3. The close relationship I have with my extended family. Cousins who feel like siblings, aunts & uncles who take you in as if you're their own-- couldn't ask for more.
4. Frozen Yogurt, and the number of locations to find it within walking distance of my new home.
5. The educational & professional opportunities I've had in my lifetime-- which could make up a whole list on their own.
6. The ability to love and be loved, and the lessons I've learned about this topic through my relationships.
7. Having seen the sky from so many different angles of the universe.
8. The strides our country is making for equality... slowly but surely!
9. Lip gloss (and yes, this has made every thankful list I've ever had... so sue me).
10. A job, to help keep me financially stable while I chase the real dream down.
11. iCal, Facebook, Stickies, bluetooth, iTrip, Pandora, Yelp, gchat, and all of the other technological advances I couldn't live without.
12. Deep Creek Lake.
13. My health. SO glad I have this. Like, for real. Knock on wood.
14. The existence of Greek Sing, and everything else that nurtured the sorority girl in me.
15. Modern Family, email chains, and certain people's jokes-- any rarity that makes me laugh out loud.
16. Starbucks.
17. The roof over my lucky little head right now (and the bed I am sleeping in, TV I am watching, comforter keeping me cozy... all provided generously for me).
18. A sister. The best (and most inspiring) one around, full of such genuine kindness and talent.
19. Marina Farms farmer's market for providing me with locally grown, inexpensive deliciousness.
20. Roxy, the '99 civic that will keep on keepin' on... of that I'm sure.
21. Group exercise classes, because I lack the motivation to work as hard on my own!
22. My 5 senses-- mostly because of how much they allow me to enjoy food and delightful smells and some of the simpler things in life.
23. Grandparents. In general. What a gift!
24. The Cheverly Young Actors' Guild, and all of the other performing arts exposure I had as a child. How do kids survive without musical theater in their lives... I mean, come on?!
25. My dear friends, who are my core. Friends who will have t-shirts designed for you, and create photo booths centered around you, and will call you just at the right moment when things aren't ok, and will drive across the country with you even though they've already done it, and will trust you to help plan their weddings, and will leave comments on your silly little blog, and will drive 6 hours and/or lie about dead relatives just to sit by a pool with you in 113 degree heat.
Celebrating the big 2-5 in Palm Springs (aka the hottest place on earth)
I'll be the first to admit that sometimes I am bratty, or moody, or interrupt you when you're talking to me, or get into a funk that makes me seem unappreciative-- but please know how blessed I truly feel to have each and every one of you in my life, and that I reflect on my good fortune every day! It may sound cheesy, but it's true. :)
Here is to another wonderful year surrounded by amazing people and experiences.
xxo.
[all photos personal, except fireworks & the grannies via julia's flickr page]






the best top 25 :) miss you!
ReplyDeleteprobably the worst bangs pic ever on that last one...(hahaha, get it...another bang comment?!?) love you!
ReplyDeleteI noticed there were a few key items that didn't make this list, including spaghetti squash, ugly dip, and broccoli salad....but I'm sure it was an oversight. :-) Miss your face.
ReplyDeleteum hiii!! guess who caught up with miss LA's blog ;) haha sorry i didn't read sooner. i promise to favorite this and be up to date for our next phone sess. MISSSSS YOUUUUUUU and hope that i get to see you before #26 is added to the list :) oxoxoxoxox
ReplyDeletei just read this- and it made me really sad and miss you.
ReplyDeletealso- i think you missed, the entire jones/linstrom/burch family because you want to be in it.
<3 you pumpkin.
And what about Baby Tones Strawberry Shortcake and me !!!!!
ReplyDelete